Classes, workshops and sustainable agriculture
We have had busy two days and change of schedule. Our work schedule has changed to include animal chores. Mike and I got the goats so once the are milked we walk them to the pasture and sweep out their pens. Myrna milked her first goat today. I also did the laundry and we r to help with breakfast prep.
Our classes start at 1030 and we do workshops. The four workshops we had were composting, soil testing, double digging and multi-story gardening. Also made rose tea ( made with goat poop and water). It's hands on activities. For our classes, we studied and discussed industrial agriculture and just started on organic agriculture. We saw the documentary, Food Inc. It is an eye opener to how our
food industry is control by such large corporations. It's something we knew and it has always bothered us. Probably a reason why I loved my small town locker plants and my own garden.
It has been a busy day and I will sleep well tonight. The weather has been crazy- sunny, sun showers and windy. It is cool in the morning and evening and warm from 1030 to 4 pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment